Now Journalism Studies has published a Call for Papers for a Special Issue focusing on the Mediatization of Politics. The Special Issue will be guest-edited by Jesper Strömbäck and Frank Esser, and focus on the role of the news media and of news journalism in the processes of the mediatization of politics. They invite theoretical as well as empirical articles that focus on different aspects on the role of the news media and news journalism in the processes of the mediatization of politics, including but not limited to:
* the production of news and the relationship between news media and political actors;
* the content of news journalism and the extent to which it is shaped by different logics;
* the news media as an institution
* the extent to which as well as how political actors adapt to the news media; and
* the implications of the rise of digital media for the mediatization of politics
The full Call for Papers can be downloaded here. The deadline of abstracts is December 15, 2012.